Unit of Measure (UOM)
Unit of Measure
- Set Inventory UOM
- Set Sales UOM
- Set Purchase UOM
Each unit of measure has a:
- Code – A unique code for the UOM
- Description – Optional description for the UOM
- Qty. Factor – How many stocking units in the conversion
- Direct Conversion – Stocking per Unit or Unit per Stocking
- Fractional Qty Allowed – Can this UOM be sold in anything but whole numbers
- Sell Allowed – Can this UOM be sold
- Buy Allowed – Can this UOM be purchased
- UPC Code – UPC code for this UOM
- Location – Warehouse location for this UOM
- Weight – The weight of this UOM.
Each sell level can have its own price. The amount can be entered as a price and it will calculate margin, or it can be entered as a margin and it will calculate price. The customer then gets setup with one of the sell levels.
Sell level can be setup in the multi currency module to be assigned to a certain currency. Then when a customer is added with that currency it uses that level as the customers default sell price.
When a unit of measure is added the price is also added and by default it is multiplied or divided by the conversion factor. The user can then edit the UOM sell price,
Tax1 – Tax1 charged by default on this item
Tax2 – Tax2 charged by default on this item
Levy Code – The levy or environmental fee charged on this item. There is a lookup to select the levy and they can be added as needed
Tax Rebates – Canada – Select each Canadian jurisdiction where there is a tax rebate offered for this item. The rebate percentage is defined in Edit/Sales Taxes.