According to CRA you must issue T5018s if you are an individual, partnership, trust, or corporation involved in construction activities which provide your primary source of business income and you make payments to subcontractors for construction services, you must report amounts paid or credited (whether by cheque, cash, barter, or offset against an amount owing) These amounts must include the HST/GST in the total reported.

Spire can generate these reports with vendor invoice totals including HST/GST in Box 22 (Construction Subcontractors Payments) of the T5018, when you have a Spire Payroll license.

Video Instruction – T5018 Statements

Was this helpful?

Yes No
You indicated this topic was not helpful to you ...
Could you please leave a comment telling us why? Thank you!
Thanks for your feedback.