If an item is set as manufactured or kitted it will have a components tab. You can see very visually if you have enough stock to be able to build the item. The green dots mean that there is enough of the component, the red dot means that there is not, and the yellow dot means that there is enough for this build but we are over-committed. There is also an orange dot to indicate that we are short, but a purchase Order has already been issued for the shortage.
- Build – Click to relieve the components of a manufactured item and add the finished product to stock. A journal entry will be posted to credit the raw materials and debit finished goods, if the GL account for the items are different.
- Add – Adds a component
- Delete – Deletes a component
- Print – Prints a report for this template
- Sub Assemblies – Shows and expands sub assemblies. If there is a + in front of the sub assemblies the components of that sub-assembly will be depleted instead of the finished sub-assembly
- Switch to Alternate – If a component is out of stock, clicking this button will switch to the alternate part number if it is setup
- Copy Components – If creating a new manufactured item clicking the ‘Key Components’ button will prompt the user to select another item to copy the components from.
Manufacturing notes – Can be entered here to post notes to history. These notes will not be saved to the components template.
Instructions – Can be added to the top item and line by line on the components. These notes are save to the manufactured item template.