Video Instruction – How to setup a 32 bit Spire ODBC connection.
Upgrading to 64 bit ODBC
Crystal Reports 2020 is now 64 bit and will require a 64 bit PostgreSQL ODBC driver to develop or edit reports.
The current 64 bit driver can be downloaded from This Link
These instructions are to be performed on machine that is running Spire Server and has the Postgres database server installed.
- Unzip the downloaded file and install the driver.
- Start the ODBC Data Source Administrator (64-bit)
- You should see that the 32 bit DSN for PostgreSQL35W was copied over and it should look like this;
Crystal Reports 2020 will now work on the PC for report development.
If you did not already have a 32 bit ODBC driver for the Spire database then follow these instructions:
1. Unzip the downloaded file and install the driver.
2. Start the ODBC Data Source Administrator (64-bit)
3. The screen will like this, Click the Add button
4. The screen will look like this, Scroll down and select the PostgreSQL Unicode(x64) and click Finish
5. The screen will look like this, Fill it in as shown;
6. Click Test and you should receive this;
7. Click OK and then Save and you will see this;
8. Click OK and the ODBC driver is ready for Crystal Reports to use with Spire reports.