Once you have decided that it is applicable to issue a T4A the vendor must be set to report these amounts on the slips. To do this edit the vendor and go to the general tab.
- Report Type – Select T4a
- Identification Type – Select one of the following Identification Type
- “Social Insurance Number” if it is a Canadian individual
- “Business Number” if it is a Canadian registered business
- “Social Service Number” if it is an US individual
- “Employer Identification Number” if it is US Business or Canadian company doing business in the US
- Identification – Either Social Insurance Number, Business Number, Social Service Number, or Employer Identification Number
Thanks for your feedback.